Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kostas22
New Contributor

Problem with the Dyndns

Hello, I am behind a FortiGate 60E(v6.0.4 build0231 (GA)) and I have some remote sites with DynDNS so I can make VPN connection. What I am just realized is that if I ping my xxxxx.dyndns.org it always return the 208.91.112.55, but the real ip is another! If I go to another pc which is not behind the Fortigate with the ping I am getting the real ip.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The propagation time of updating DNS records varies from DNS servers to DNS servers - it could takes seconds (minutes) to a few days or more.  Another possibility is the computer, fgt or other device (up stream) may be caching stale DNS info.

What DNS servers (IPs) is the fgt using and is it the same DNS server info passed on to the clients behind the fgt? 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
kostas22

Dave Hall wrote:

The propagation time of updating DNS records varies from DNS servers to DNS servers - it could takes seconds (minutes) to a few days or more.  Another possibility is the computer, fgt or other device (up stream) may be caching stale DNS info.

What DNS servers (IPs) is the fgt using and is it the same DNS server info passed on to the clients behind the fgt? 

This xxx.dyndns.org name I have it over a year now, the fortigate I have a month that I had installed! In both machines I use google dns.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors