Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Problem in FortiOS Loging

Dears, We have FortiGate-300 3.00 build0418 running in NAT Mode. We faced problem in OS which required us to restore to factory default and update the FortiOS. Everything is working fine except logging. The Unit contains 20GB internal hard disk. Which we enable from CLI and get access to all previous logs. But for we are not getting new logs in Hard Disk, only these are showing in memory. Kindly, give me an idea that we can configure the firewall to put logs on hard disk instead of memory.
3 REPLIES 3
rb400
New Contributor

ORIGINAL: bxperts ... The Unit contains 20GB internal hard disk. Which we enable from CLI and get access to all previous logs. But for we are not getting new logs in Hard Disk, only these are showing in memory. Kindly, give me an idea that we can configure the firewall to put logs on hard disk instead of memory.
Did you ever get an answer to your Hard Disk problem. We have a 400 with the exact problem. Thanks.

[align=left]*auto-sig*   rb400 << FGT (v6.2.x) [/align]
[align=left]*auto-sig* rb400 << FGT (v6.2.x) [/align]
Not applicable

hi, in log settings you might need to set the level of logging. i set the minimum log level to Notifications. regards, Markcnz
rb400
New Contributor

ORIGINAL: markcnz hi, in log settings you might need to set the level of logging. i set the minimum log level to Notifications. regards, Markcnz
Have even tried " debug." From CLI, the log disk option is mot available: (global) # config log disk setting command parse error before ' disk' Command fail. Return code 1 This problem began after we enabled VDOMs. The system recognizes the hard drive: # get sys stat Version: Fortigate-400 3.00,build0733,081121 Virus-DB: 9.00903(2009-01-07 23:15) IPS-DB: 2.00583(2009-01-07 01:01) Log hard disk: Available Thanks, RB400 SOLUTION - SOLUTION - SOLUTION - SOLUTION (VDOM specific issue) Using CLI: config vdom <enter> edit [localized vdom name] <enter> config log disk setting <enter> set status enable end ** minimum " SET" parameters, see the CLI manual for good examples.

[align=left]*auto-sig*   rb400 << FGT (v6.2.x) [/align]
[align=left]*auto-sig* rb400 << FGT (v6.2.x) [/align]
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors