Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ronald_Diaz
New Contributor

Port Forwarding

Hi , First of all I just wanted to say " Thank you" for all the nice videos that you' ve shared it helps a lot on my part. I' ve seen on the video on how to do port forwarding on Fortigate 100D which in coincidence the same unit on mine. I' ve followed all the steps on the video but still the port on 7882-7999 is closed. At first I used to mapped my CCTV server, turn off the windows firewall and Avast anti-virus. Second, I tried to configure my Ip camera to port 7882 but still no lack. On my Ip camera I can connect and I can view it on web browser. I tried as well to check on fortigate CLI to key in these command " diagnose sniffer packet any ' port 7882' but nothing happens otherwise If I' m going to do a telnet that' s the time I can see an activity on the fortigate CLI screen but on the otherhand, the result of my telnet still the same. Any help would be appreciated a lot. Thank you.
18 REPLIES 18
Ronald_Diaz
New Contributor

Hi Netmin, Yes. on my local PC I can access my ip cameras using the 192.168.4.204 without even adding the 7882 port on it. The ip address 192.168.4.252 is the FG managment IP. I don' t configure DHCP on my FG.
netmin

ok, let me ask this differently: the camera has port 80 (default) and port 7882 (secondary) enabled and you are able to access port 7882 ? (because you wanted to map it) I have noticed that .252 is your mgmt ip. But since you specified it as default gateway in the camera settings it must be also the default gateway for this network (just wanted to make sure). As Dave stated correctly you should also be able to map to port 80. The UPnP settings were mentioned on other posts on the net to create problems. You might want to disable it, just for a test.
Ronald_Diaz
New Contributor

Hi Guys, I' ve been following all your instructions and I really appreciate on that. After I apply all the instructions and I try to remotely viewed my Ip cam it goes to firewall to login. Please find my attach pictures. Thanks
Ronald_Diaz
New Contributor

vips
Ronald_Diaz
New Contributor

policy
Ronald_Diaz
New Contributor

policy
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Did you add the (outside) port number when you tried to connect to the camera? (i.e. use http://<insert Fortigate WAN IP address here>:7882). The Fortigate' s default admin http port is set to port 80, so (unless you have changed that setting) trying to connect to the Fortigate' s IP address on that port will always get you the GUI.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Ronald_Diaz
New Contributor

Hi Dave, As mentioned on my post above and the instructions coming from the other tech expert I' ve been following what the suggestion instructed. Please see my attachment. After I' ve change the config and I fill up on the browser http://41.66.241.74:7882 it went to the firewall GUI. Thanks
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Port forwarding won' t work if you set the external IP address/range on the VIPS to that of the Fortigate' s own public or WAN IP address -- either use " 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0" or an IP address from outside the Fortigate.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors