Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Packet loss with VLAN in transparent mode

Hi, I' m using a FG 200A in transparent mode to control traffic on a trunk link between 2 switch cisco catalyst 2950. 4 vlan are configured on this trunk link. If i simply connect the two switch and the FG, without setting up any vlan interface on the FG, everything works fine (with the correct policy between physical interfaces). Otherwise, if i configure the FG with vlan virtual interfaces on the external interface, and the same on the internal one, i get a lot of packet loss. Sniffing on the FG, i see that it is the FG that often doesn' t forward packets. My questions are: what configuration is correct in this context? Is it necessary to configure vlan interfaces on FG? And what is the cause of packet loss, in your opinion? Thank you p.s. Fortigate-200A 3.00,build0413 but i have the same problem with build 564
2 REPLIES 2
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Hi, i can only speak for myself and my system, i´m using two FG200A in a HA, with 120 vlans, using Hp procurve switches, and i am not getting any packet loss, could you try with different switches ??

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
paultsang
New Contributor

Dear Lenh, I encounter this problem also. How do you solve this issue? Can you share with me? Thanks!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors