Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Open boot device failed.

I am using FortiGate 200. One day I got the problem of the FortiGate and I rebooted it. After rebooted, the whole box cannot boot up again. When using console for checking, I found that the box cannot boot up successfully, there is the error log " Open boot device failed." I go into the configuration menu, and tried " Format boot device" and " Get firmware image from TFTP server." , however, I failed to upload the firmware to the box successfully. I got the following error message during the upload via TFTP: " Verifying the integrity of the firmware image." " incomplete distance tree" Do anyone know what it means? I tried many firmware version such as 2.30, 2.36, 2.50MR1,2,8 but all failed. Gary
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Hi Gary Have you found out anything to this problem. I have seen the same problem. If you have a solution please share it Jesper
Not applicable

Hi Jesper, I let my colleague to do the tftp upgrade, and he can pass it. I still don' t know whether it is still to the tftp server. I suggest you try another workstation with another brand of tftp server. Gary
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors