Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jfrye
Visitor

OT segregation with intervlan traffic

I am trying to use a fortigate 60F to segregate my OT network, so SCADA from ICS.  I already have switches in place, so trying to use what is there.  Currently testing on the bench, with 2 managed switches connected to the FGT, each switch represents one VLAN, as below:

VLAN 10 - 10.1.0.0/24

VLAN 11 - 10.1.1.0/24

I have assigned physical interfaces (left at 0.0.0.0/0) to VLAN switches (as above). 

Alternatively assigned VLAN interfaces to the physical interfaces (0.0.0.0/0 again).

Both with bidirectional firewall policies.

Using VLAN switches, which was the best result, I can link to one switch, and get to the FGT but not to a device or other switch in the other VLAN; the FGT can ping devices on either VLAN.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 153123.pngScreenshot 2024-10-01 153047.png

1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Which interfaces did you put in ICS Zone and SCADA Zone? Can you share a screenshot of the those interfaces' config?

On the other hand (but not related to your issue) I don't think it is a good idea to NAT the traffic, unless you have a good reason.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors