Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jl_egitron
New Contributor

No VPN traffic while connected with Forticlient

Hello,

I’m newbie with VPN and Fortigate/Forticlient.I have the Forticlient 5.6.2.1117 installed (only with VPN) and Bitdefebder Total Security 2018. The problem is related to Bitdefender firewall.

With Bitdefender firewall is on, although I can connect the VPN using the Forticlient, there is no data traffic between VPN and my PC. With firewall off there is no problem, traffic goes through.

Probably I need to manual add some firewall rules to Bitdefender.

Can someone help me please, telling me what files I should allow at the firewall?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
jl_egitron
New Contributor

I have made further tests and I can confirm that connected with the VPN I can ping computers at the remote network but I can not browse or open any remote network share or file.

I would appreciate any help....

Thank you.

RobertReynolds
Contributor

Assuming SSL VPN, under the VPN Settings if you choose the option to specify a DNS Server, and enter an IP of a DNS server at the remote end of the VPN tunnel that is able to resolve the hostnames of the shares etc, this should work. Otherwise its trying to use whatever DNS Server issued by DHCP from the local location - airport, hotel, home, etc

Theres a similar DNS option for DialUp IPsec VPN.

jl_egitron

Thank you RobertReynolds.

The VPN is IPsec.

I have tried placing the DNS server but it didn't work.

I think the problem is other because while I can not browse files I can see at ipconfig /all that the connection is getting a correct client IP and DNS IP...

I guess is some rule I have to inside Bitdefender firewall...

RobertReynolds

jl_egitron

Thank you.

I have followed this instead https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2397/ for 2018 version but no success... only disabling completely the firewall.

I will open a ticket with Bitdefender...

I'm testing Bitdefender... probably I will go back to Kaspersky... Forticlient was working with Kaspersky Internet Security.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors