Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
handsprince
New Contributor

Multiple Wan in Fortigate 200b

Dear Sir,

My company do has 2 units of 200b running on fortiOS 5.0, now i want to configure load-balancing & failover for 3 WAN lines, may i know is 200b support this?

4 REPLIES 4
Dipen
New Contributor III

Hi

Although you can easily do that in FortiOS 5.0 but i would recommend to upgrade to FortiOS 5.2.

In fortiOS 5.2 you can combine multiple WAN Interfaces as a single "Virtual WAN Link".

Then you can use this "Virtual WAN Link" in Policies & Routes.

While creating a Virtual WAN Link you can define Weight for each link which should be proportional to Link Bandwidth.

Also you can define "Health Check" for each interface which will cause all traffic to be diverted to other links in case one or more links goes down.

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you are planning to stay on 5.0.x, Fortinet has put a new youtube tutorial on how to set up "load balancing", which you can find here.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
handsprince

Thanks for your reply.

handsprince

Thanks for your info. Will try to upgrade

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors