Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mgottburg
New Contributor

Mac OS Big Sur Bluetooth Keyboard not working when FortiClient VPN is running

Hey Folks,

weird thing ... I use MacBook Pro with an external Apple bluetooth keyboard. Everything works fine till I start FortiClient VPN. When FortiClient is open I can't type in other programms with my keyboard. Also submit buttons in Safari are not working anymore. I can't click them with my bluetooth mouse. 

But I still can move my mouse and I also can hear kind of an error sound, when I try to type on my keyboard.

Anyone any idea?

Best regards,

Michael

1 REPLY 1
metoo
New Contributor

I too have this issue for a few weeks. The bluetooth or built-in laptop keyboard stops working completly for long periods of time. I tried killing the FortiClient and it works again soon after. 

When the keyboard stops working, I select "Open FortiClient Console" and it is blank. I close it fine and the keyboard works again.

Weird. 

+1 for sure there is something wrong when running this client. It didn't happen on the previous 6

Running FortClient VPN 6.4.3.1325 on MacOS BigSur....consistent issue across BigSur 11.2.1/2/3 

This issue has started since upgrading from the 6.0+ client. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors