Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JLennox
New Contributor

Losing access/unable to ping some devices when connected via SSL VPN

I have a Fortigate 60F configured for SSL VPN.  Everything was working fine for over a year, then suddenly I have 2 gitlab devices and one network printer that cannot be accessed when connected to only SSL VPN.  If you connect to SSL VPN and RDP to a device on premises that uses that same firewall - you can access those devices.  Also note, the CLI on the firewall cannot ping those IP addresses - receiving 60-100% packet loss.  However any device on the LAN, but not on VPN can ping those devices without any packet loss.

At this point, I believe there is some issue with the routing table???  If I change the IP address to a 10.x instead of my normal range, it works and I can ping it.  But I cannot ping on my normal range even if we are on the same subnet.  I can ping devices on at least 4 different subnets successfully, but these particular devices using at least one of each of these subnets can no longer be pinged or reached while connected to SSL VPN only.  I have even added a brand new NIC on one of the devices and tried multiple subnets - none of which have made a difference.  The only difference was changing to an entirely different IP range of 10.x instead of 172.x.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors