Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mahender_vyas
New Contributor

LAN AND DMZ On same subnet

Dear Fortigate Team,

I have a small doubt is it possible to create Two zones ( for example LAN and DMZ ) and then configure same Network subnet on both zones.

My customer is asking me to create 2 security zones and both zones devices should be on same subnet . 

2 REPLIES 2
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Even if it were possible, how would you force the traffic through the firewall?  If the LAN devices share the subnet with the DMZ devices they will directly communicate over any generic layer 2 devices (switches) that might be involved.  If there is somehow physical separation it still will not work as routing between the two would be impossible.  Maybe break the one subnet into two?

AdiMizil

You will have a routing problem , as mentioned above.This design is not following best practices and it's not recommended. If the customer still insists to have this network solution you will need VDOMs enabled and configured .
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors