Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jefazo92
Contributor

Is it possible to allocate memory space for each log category in a Fortigate?

Hi everyone,

I want to allocate X, Y, etc. amounts of memory to storing certain log categories. Is it possible to do this in a Fortigate 100F?

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hi @jefazo92 ,

As far as I know, You can specify how much memory space the logs will take globally, but not by categories.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Change-memory-space-for-logging/ta-p/19351...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
4 REPLIES 4
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hi @jefazo92 ,

As far as I know, You can specify how much memory space the logs will take globally, but not by categories.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Change-memory-space-for-logging/ta-p/19351...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
jefazo92

Thank you very much @ozkanaltas. Do you know how may I find the current (default) value assigned for memory logging? Is there a command which shows the current set value for 

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @jefazo92 ,

You can see the default value with these commands. 

config log memory global-setting
show full-configuration
amrit
Staff
Staff

Category-based memory allocation is not possible in Fortigate. However, you can optimize the memory usage by tweaking the  following settings 

config log memory global-setting
set max-size 19568107
set full-first-warning-threshold 75
set full-second-warning-threshold 90
set full-final-warning-threshold 95
end

config log memory filter
set severity information  <--- you can change it warning 
set forward-traffic enable
set local-traffic enable
set multicast-traffic enable
set sniffer-traffic enable
set ztna-traffic enable
set anomaly enable
set voip enable
set forti-switch enable
end

Amritpal Singh
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors