Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bekjos01
New Contributor

Internet access very slow for certain users

Since two days I' ve migrated users in the new explicit proxy, I see that the internet connection is slow for some users and fast for other. Everyone is in the same group in the same building. We have 800 users with Fotigate 1000 C Os V5. Has anyone experienced this problem? Regards
BAJ
BAJ
4 REPLIES 4
TechnoR05
New Contributor III

Hi, We also have a 1000C with explicit proxy, 2000 + users at the moment, and have that happen sometimes, however it did not happen in the last week or 2, after, we believe, changing a setting on our FSSo collectors (2). The slowness always seemed to relate to FSSO somehow. Clearing Groupo cache seemend to solve it every time, and/or Clear user cache We set the timers, on the FSSO Agent configuration Gui, to : Wkst verify int : 15 but 5 is also ok Dead entry timeout : 240 but 480 is also ok IP address change verify : 60 and Cache user group lookup, expire : 5 minutes Seems to wotk for us. In the same group, people on one DC/Domain had fast Internet, and others were slow, no visible reason, and seems ok now. Probably would' nt hurt much to try, maybe during lunch or after hours?
bekjos01

Beacuuse i have 2 FSSO, il applie your recommandations. After, i will ask for some user the internet performance. But, one last question : Did you activate SSL inspections deep scan ?
BAJ
BAJ
TechnoR05
New Contributor III

We are still deploying this to more users, and RAM usage being a concern, presently always between 75% and 80 %, we disabled all that did not seem necessary, among which SSH deep scan, if that is what you meant. Oops, looks like it is active after all, on the production Fortigate, but with no log or block action. If you meant SSL inspection options, that is not active at all.no port inspected. Let us know if the change had any effect..
bekjos01

Actualy, when a user shut down completly his computer and restart it, every thong seems to be ok.
BAJ
BAJ
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors