Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jcrower
New Contributor II

How to manage registering devices

Hi all,

Wondering how best to handle registering devices.

We have had a shared account for our IT staff.  We have never had any devices registered before but want to register one now.

We now need to enable 2FA on that shared account, but that means only one person can have the fortitoken app to get codes which won't work for us.

I have my own account with my work email address.  I can see that you can add sub-accounts so could add my colleagues to mine, but how do we handle registering devices?

What if my account is the master with the registered device but I leave and the other staff can't get access to my account?  Can they promote themselves to master and take over registration?  It seems wrong to register devices to specific users.

What is the way others handle this?

thanks

jc

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @jcrower ,

You can use a subaccount to register/view products, create cases, etc. They can register products like a master account into a company account.

You can follow this document about creating sub-accounts. 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-Service-Note-How-can-I-let-other-people-...

Also, if you leave your company as an admin.Your colleague can create a case to a customer services ticket and they can get your permission to their account.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
2 REPLIES 2
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @jcrower ,

You can use a subaccount to register/view products, create cases, etc. They can register products like a master account into a company account.

You can follow this document about creating sub-accounts. 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-Service-Note-How-can-I-let-other-people-...

Also, if you leave your company as an admin.Your colleague can create a case to a customer services ticket and they can get your permission to their account.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
jcrower
New Contributor II

Thanks @ozkanaltas I hoped there was a better solution, but if that's the only way to do it I'll go ahead and set it up.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors