Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ArcticWolf
New Contributor

How to kill a forticlient session

I have 25 Field Technicians that use the forticlient to connect via VPN to my 300A, what i want to know is if I need to kill one of the techs connections how do I do it. I have tried by using the arrow in the VPN monitor screen and this will send the client into idle for about 5 seconds or less and then the client reconnects with out reauthenticating. I have tried to do it through the CLI by using the diag vpn list to get the vpn connection name and then using the diag vpn down command to down the connection, however as in the above instance the connection is reestablished. Is there a way to terminate a connection to the point of need to reauthenticate to reconnect. we are using a radius server and RSA keyfobs.
Ver 4.0 1-FG300A-hd 1-FG310B 4-FG60 6-FG60B Ver 3.0 1-FAZ800 1-FortiManager400B Ver 4.12 50-Forticlient 50-Forticlient Mobile
Ver 4.0 1-FG300A-hd 1-FG310B 4-FG60 6-FG60B Ver 3.0 1-FAZ800 1-FortiManager400B Ver 4.12 50-Forticlient 50-Forticlient Mobile
1 REPLY 1
vanc
New Contributor II

You can try to tear down the phase1 connection. diag vpn gw list diag vpn gw external <port no>
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors