Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tbdeleted
New Contributor

How can I change the name of the "Combined Default" Network in FortiLAN cloud?

I enabled FortiLAN in europe and the "Combined Default" network was automagically created in my FortiLAN. When clicking on the options I can only clone it. If I create a new network, I can delete and rename it. So, what's with this mystical network that I can't find in the docs? Is there a way to get rid of it or rename it to something that can satisfy my OCD?

1 Solution
sthampi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi tbdeleted,

The "Combined Default" network is not counted against license enforcement, so it will not consume the network license.

You may use the custom network in your FortiLAN management.

At the moment it can only be cloned and not renamed or deleted.

If it is absolutely necessary to be renamed or deleted, could you please share a feedback > FortiLAN Cloud > Settings > Feedback. I have also sent a notification to the team, I will post here once I have a response.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sthampi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi tbdeleted,

The "Combined Default" network is not counted against license enforcement, so it will not consume the network license.

You may use the custom network in your FortiLAN management.

At the moment it can only be cloned and not renamed or deleted.

If it is absolutely necessary to be renamed or deleted, could you please share a feedback > FortiLAN Cloud > Settings > Feedback. I have also sent a notification to the team, I will post here once I have a response.

sthampi_FTNT
Staff
Staff

I just received a notification from the engineering team, that it wouldn't be possible to delete or rename the default network configuration. Please go ahead and create a new one, as described in the previous update.

tbdeleted
New Contributor

Thank you so much sthampi!

Thanks for clarifying that this network was not accidentally created by me, there is nothing wrong with my account not being able to rename or delete it and that it doesn't count against my network licenses. 

My only suggestions is that you add these 3 points in the documentation page where I was looking for this information, the Managing Networks on FortiLAN Cloud | FortiLAN Cloud 23.2.0 (fortinet.com) section.

Thanks again for the help!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors