Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
leandroleiva
New Contributor

HA OSPF ISSUE

Hi,

I have configured the HA in active-active mode, from my L3 switches I have configured ospf to my routers, the primary firewall LAN port is connected to my L3 switch (L3-1) and the WAN port to my router (R1), this router only has MPLS, from my L3-1 I can see the OSPF neighbors, the problem is that from my L3-2 I can not see the neighbors with my router 2 (R2) and that router has the internet links. When I turn off the primary firewall, the L3-2 has a neighbor with my router 2.

Is there any configuration that can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

If I'm reading this correctly it sounds like your firewalls are not connected to the same router?  That's your problem.  If you have two routers then both firewalls need to be connected to both routers (unmanaged switch or something in between to "split" the connection).  That's HA 101...check this document out for example: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/handbook/347538/fortigate-cluster-protocol-fgcp

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors