Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
matanood
New Contributor II

Fortinet with Meraki

Hello I have a Fortigate Firewall 200E with 6 Forti access points. My APs have a corporate SSID (10.0.0.x and access to corporate resources) and a guest SSID (10.0.1.x with no access to company resources). I did not setup VLANs on my firewall so I think they are separated because of policies but I'm not really sure how it works with with Fortinet. I now need to install Meraki switches (decision from corporate) and access points and use them together with my Fortinet. What is the best way to have my Meraki access points have a guest SSID that is separate from my corporate LAN and a corporate SSID that my users can access my company resources on? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's a question to Cisco-Meraki instead of to Fortinet. FortiGate would just work ask a thirdparty router/firewall to Meraki's network.

I would just duplicated what you did with ForitAPs (assuming you're migrating to Meraki APs from FortiAPs). I see nothing particular need to be changed. Again, up to Meraki network design/config.

matanood

Thanks Toshi. I am not migrating anything. I hope they can work together. Eventually in a couple years I will replace Forti but for now I need them to work together. I did ask Meraki as well and someone in the community suggested: to Simply use VLANs to separate the specific networks, terminate them at my Fortigate and have a firewall ruleset in place.

I will try to get more clarification on this. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you already got the answer yourself. Meraki suports VLANs as well per SSID, which FGT can terminate (GW) with VLAN sub-interfaces when you span them to a trunk port with the Meraki SW.

matanood

Ok I think i got it. Im gonna order the meraki and try it. Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors