Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
adamescu
New Contributor

Fortimanager 6.0.4 script deployment

Hey guys.

I have lost an entire day figuring out what is wrong with my script deployment with  fortimanager 6.0.4 VM. I have about 60 devices registered to my fortimanager and everything seems to work fine. I need to update some object groups in all of these firewalls and i thought that the best solution is to use a CLI script from within my fortimanager. 

I created some basic script just to be sure that it runs  on the remote firewall , but when i use the same script ( exported and the imported into FMG) i am given a "Script NameofScript executed on Fortigate-Device failed". when I tap the details button it show at 2% "init state: start to check permission" 100% "no eligible script to be installed".

I am trying to execute the script with target "Remote Fortigate Directly (via CLI)"

PS: The fortigate devices are running  5.4.5 firmware.

Are there any bugs that I should know of ?

Have you guys encountered this problem with this  specific Fortimanager firmware?

I'm out of ideeas ! :)

3 REPLIES 3
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

I would check that the FGFM connection is up between FortiManager & FortiGate.  Look at Connection Status under Device Name in Device Manager or "diag fgfm session-list".

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Mario_Schäfer

Same Problem here.

fmg-connection is up. happens with any device...

Mario_Schäfer

I've opened a case with fortinet TAC.

As per advice of the engineer, maybe it's also your problem:

The Fortigate-Firmware needs to be the same as the ADOM-Version on the FMG.

If the ADOM-Version is different to the firmwareversion, the scripts will fail.

There is no workaround.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors