Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BrettP
New Contributor II

Fortigate web console - applied address filter has no values

I have a weird one. I was in the web interface, Policy & Objects, Addresses area, and I incorrectly added a filter on the "address" line rather than the column name. The filter condition was a "contains" and the value was 0, and that returned no data ("No results" shows in the arresses and address groups area).

The bad news is that because there are no returned values, the spot where I put the filter can no longer be seen to undo the filter ! 

The filter persists after logging out and back in, also persists in VDOM change and return. It doesn't appear to be in the user profile information stored in the backup so I don't think I can manage it via CLI.

Anyone with hints on how to clear it?

Brett

1 Solution
BrettP
New Contributor II

OK, I was poking around and tried the "reset table" option in the cog at the NAME column. Bam. Filter gone. Intrigue for the day sated.... Thanks @mpapisetty for jumping in

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mpapisetty
Staff
Staff

Hi @BrettP ,

Could you also share which version of the FortiOS you are on along with a screenshot of the screen you are stuck with? I trying putting a filter that does not show any results, but I am able to clear the filter almost immediately from the same place where I applied it. Hence, more details would help resolved the issue. 

-M
BrettP
New Contributor II

F100E on 6.0.18 (yes, I know, the lifecycle commentary - it'll be decommed soon so it's staying as-is).

Screen is pretty non-descript :) I have a total of 895 objects in that screen (if I do a top line search for an address that will be found, I get the "0/895" in the bottom right corner)

fgt.png

BrettP
New Contributor II

OK, I was poking around and tried the "reset table" option in the cog at the NAME column. Bam. Filter gone. Intrigue for the day sated.... Thanks @mpapisetty for jumping in

mpapisetty

Glad that the issue stands resolved. Cheers! 

-M
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors