Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RogeMasu
New Contributor II

Fortigate vs Rehost Licenses

I have spare equipment that is not licensed, but I need to exchange it for one that is in production and licensed.

I saw that the rehost is normally done through RMA, but my production equipment is not having a problem, this exchange needs to be carried out due to the client's particular needs.

Is there possible to perform this rehost via the customer's Admin Portal? Or through some Portal that the customer has control over and is not dependent on having to open a case with Fortinet Support?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

RMasuda
RMasuda
1 Solution
RogeMasu
New Contributor II

For those who have questions like me, follow the Fortinet Support instructions.

1) Is there any way to move licenses through the Customer Portal?

Support: Does not exist and the only way is through a Ticket opened at the Customer Service (Portal) or by calling to support.

2) Does decommissioning equipment through the Portal release licenses?

Support: No. Decommissioning only serves to remove the equipment from the customer's base/list. The licenses still remain linked to the equipment.

3) “How” and “what should I inform” when opening the Ticket?

Support: The ticket must be opened at Customer Service by the account holder. Inform the contract and equipment of origin and destination. The account owner will receive the approval request. With the “agreement” of the account holder, the CS will make the change and it will be reflected in the GUI in less than 2 hours.

4) Will the equipment that remains without a license after the process stop working?

Support: No, the device will be vulnerable, but it will not stop working.

5) Does equipment registered on the portal but not licensed generate any costs?

Support: No.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

RMasuda

View solution in original post

RMasuda
4 REPLIES 4
kalien
New Contributor

no, don’t go to RMA transfer

create a Customer Services ticket and ask Fortinet to transfer the licenses

make sure the model/make is the same, e.g. you can’t transfer 100D licenses to, for example, 100E or 200D

https://showbox.bio https://tutuapp.uno/
RogeMasu
New Contributor II

Kalien, thank you for assistance.

The equipment is the same model.

I saw that there is a decommissioning option on the portal. When decommissioning hardware, is the license provisioned/released to the customer's account to be used on other hardware?

Kalien, I am emphasizing this issue with the Portal, because the customer expects to be able to do these rehosts without the manufacturer's intervention.

Another question, opening a Ticket in Customer Services for them to carry out this transfer, do you know what is the service SLA?  I ask because it is critical equipment and the replacement needs to occur with as little downtime as possible.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

RMasuda
RMasuda
RogeMasu
New Contributor II

Hello Guys.

Has anyone ever been through this situation? Thanks for any help.

Thanks.
Best Regards.

RMasuda
RMasuda
RogeMasu
New Contributor II

For those who have questions like me, follow the Fortinet Support instructions.

1) Is there any way to move licenses through the Customer Portal?

Support: Does not exist and the only way is through a Ticket opened at the Customer Service (Portal) or by calling to support.

2) Does decommissioning equipment through the Portal release licenses?

Support: No. Decommissioning only serves to remove the equipment from the customer's base/list. The licenses still remain linked to the equipment.

3) “How” and “what should I inform” when opening the Ticket?

Support: The ticket must be opened at Customer Service by the account holder. Inform the contract and equipment of origin and destination. The account owner will receive the approval request. With the “agreement” of the account holder, the CS will make the change and it will be reflected in the GUI in less than 2 hours.

4) Will the equipment that remains without a license after the process stop working?

Support: No, the device will be vulnerable, but it will not stop working.

5) Does equipment registered on the portal but not licensed generate any costs?

Support: No.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

RMasuda
RMasuda
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors