I am somewhat new to FortiGate so bear with me. I am evaluating the FortiGate VM running on VMware, comparing it to the SOPHOS XG Home VM. I am using the evaluation licenses for both products and will be using one in my home.
Here is my situation:
1. Deployed the VM without problems (1vCPU, 1GB RAM, Firmware v6.20build 0866 GA)
2. Defined my interfaces LAN and WAN
3. Created an IPV4 policy for LAN to WAN for all. This gets internet traffic flowing and all is well to this point.
4. As soon as I apply a default security profile (AV or Web filter) to the IPV4 policy the VM goes to 100% CPU and 100% RAM usage. Looking at the console there is an error. "[show_walker_construct: 86] write_firstline (vdom=global) failed followed by a "can't set buffer size, ret=-1 error:Cannnot allocate memory" error.
Any ideas? The evaluation is not very useful like this. Perhaps I am doing something wrong with the setup.
1. are the hardware restrictions on the eval license too low?
2. Is this a bug?
3. Is there a home use version similar to the SOPHOS offering for IT professionals\Partners? I am aware of the NFR program, just curious if there is a "free" version. I'm cheap and would prefer to not spend $ :).