Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ghost
New Contributor

Fortigate HA and basic OSPF configuration

Hello, I am a new user on fortigate and I am working on setting up OSPF on 2 fortigate 200D in HA Active/Passive mode. The fortigate are connected to our HQ subnet which is composed by several /24 vlans. The vlans gateway are hosted by the fortigates. The HQ global network is 10.0.0.0/12. The fortigate are also connected to our remote datacenter. The aim is to advertise the HQ subnet to our remote datacenter and to receive back route information from the datacenter router. On the fortigate we have configured OSPF below: config router ospf     set auto-cost-ref-bandwidth 100000     set router-id 10.6.100.1     set restart-mode graceful-restart     config area         edit 0.0.0.0         next     end     config ospf-interface         edit "Datacenter"             set interface "Port14"             set ip x.y.z.t             set cost 100             set priority 2             set dead-interval 40             set hello-interval 10         next     end     config network         edit 1             set prefix x.y.z.t 255.255.255.252         next     end     config redistribute "connected"     end     config redistribute "static"     end     config redistribute "rip"     end     config redistribute "bgp"     end     config redistribute "isis"     end end     Do we just need to configure the HQ subnet on config network in order to announce the subnet on the OSPF area, or do we have anything else to do ? Thanks for your help!

1 Solution
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi,

this can be done via the prefix option in the area:

config area             edit 0.0.0.0                 set authentication xxxx             next             edit 1.2.3.4                 set authentication xxxx                     config range                         edit 1                             set prefix 10.0.0.0 255.240.0.0                         next                     end             next         end

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ghost
New Contributor

Hi everyone, any Idea with how to to do this? My problem is if I configure the 10.0.0.0/12 on the ospf config network like below: config network         edit 1             set prefix 10.0.0.0 255.240.0.0         next  end All the internal VLANs interfaces will become OSPF interface. With the command "get router info ospf interface" all the internal vlans interfaces are displayed. Is that possible to advertise the hole HQ subnet 10.0.0.0/12 without having all the internal vlan as ospf interface. thanks for your help,

romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi,

this can be done via the prefix option in the area:

config area             edit 0.0.0.0                 set authentication xxxx             next             edit 1.2.3.4                 set authentication xxxx                     config range                         edit 1                             set prefix 10.0.0.0 255.240.0.0                         next                     end             next         end

ghost
New Contributor

Thanks for you reply romanr,

I will try this config.

Do the network need to be configure in network section ?

I meant is the config below correct:

config area         edit 0.0.0.0             set authentication xxxx          next         edit 1.2.3.4             set authentication xxxx                 config range                     edit 1                         set prefix 10.0.0.0 255.240.0.0                      next                     end             next         config network           edit 1              set prefix 10.0.0.0 255.240.0.0               set area 1.2.3.4           next         end end

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors