Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kaka_forti
New Contributor

Fortigate 1000D high memory utilization

hi all

we are using 1000D fortigate and observing high memory usage(86%) but CPU&Disk usage is normal(3% & 9%).

IPS,Application & web-filter are enable on that.

can anyone explain what is exact reason behind this miss behavior & how to resolve?

Thanks in advance.   

Thanks & Regard

kaka

Thanks & Regard kaka
1 Solution
ipns
New Contributor III

Hi,

Did this happen over time, or suddenly?

My experience with our Fortigate 500D is that memory is building up over time and a reboot brings it back to normal values. But a few weeks ago I upgraded to 5.4.5 and the memory looks to be stable now.

My advise: reboot the firewall and monitor the memory over time. 

BTW, when the memory goes above 80%, the firewall goes into converse mode and will switch off some features.

Kind Regards, 

IPNS

View solution in original post

Kind Regards, IPNS
1 REPLY 1
ipns
New Contributor III

Hi,

Did this happen over time, or suddenly?

My experience with our Fortigate 500D is that memory is building up over time and a reboot brings it back to normal values. But a few weeks ago I upgraded to 5.4.5 and the memory looks to be stable now.

My advise: reboot the firewall and monitor the memory over time. 

BTW, when the memory goes above 80%, the firewall goes into converse mode and will switch off some features.

Kind Regards, 

IPNS

Kind Regards, IPNS
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors