Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Andrew_C
New Contributor

Fortiddns On 2 WAN

Hi Everyone,
I've configured 2 fortiddns on 2 wan in 60F (use SDWAN for failover) but I can't access FW using either one. I use the same configuration in 61E (also use SDWAN for failover) both can work. Is something missed in the configuration ?
Thanks for help.
17 REPLIES 17
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Sounds like your both DDNSes are working fine. You are accessing those from outside over the internet, right? What kind of default routes do you have in your routing table?
Go to CLI, then get output of "get router info routing-t all". At the top, you should see those default routes like below:

fg40f-utm (root) # get router info routing-t all
Codes: K - kernel, C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, B - BGP
<snip>

Routing table for VRF=0
S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via x.x.x.x, ppp3, [1/20]
                    [1/0] via y.y.y.y, a, [1/1]

Toshi

Andrew_C

Hi Toshi, I see as below. Because I setup sd-wan for internet failover, is it the problem ?

Routing table for VRF=0
S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via x.x.x.x, wan2, [1/0]
                    [1/0] via x.x.x.x, wan1, [1/0]
C x.x.x.x/24 is directly connected, wan2
C x.x.x.x/24 is directly connected, wan1

Toshi_Esumi

SD-WAN should be fine while mine has it as well and confirmed it working by temporarily enabling admin access on both interfaces, which is regularly blocked. As you can see in my default routes, I'm using "weight" (20 vs. 1) to fail-over from 'ppp3' to 'a'.

Anyway, you have two different IPs although you represended them both by x.x.x.x, right? But the subnet /24 is a little bit unusual if they're from your ISPs and public IPs. Or are they from ISP's routers and those are private subnets?

Toshi

Andrew_C

Hi Toshi, both are public ip come from 2 isp, set the wan1 or wan2 to weight 20 and still not work. I really don't know what's missing in the configuration.

Toshi_Esumi

Public IPs with /24 mask from two different ISPs? Are you sure?

Toshi

Andrew_C

Hi Toshi, yes they come with 2 isp with /24 mask. I have another isp it also with /24 mask.

w.w.w.w/24

x.x.x.x/24

y.y.y.y/24

Toshi_Esumi

Remote access traffic is not too easy to debug without actually getting in your FGT unlike pass-through traffic, which you can do flow debugging. I recommend you open a ticket at TAC to get your FGT looked at by a TAC person.

Toshi

gloston2
New Contributor

Have you actually considered setting up sdwan, both interfaces in the same zone, and then just use sdwan rules to steer traffic to wan1 99.9% of the time, and only use lte when wan1 actually fails performance monitors? Just be really loose with your what fails — if your normal ping to 8.8.8.9 for example is 10ms, set fail at 300ms or 80%+ packet loss. It’ll take 10 seconds to fail over that way, but it’s better than running your lte bill through the roof https://omegle.onl/ .

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors