Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Klemen
New Contributor

ForticlientEMS

Hi

I would like to ask if it is possible to install the new version of Forticlienta without having to uninstall from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
SteveG
Contributor III

Yes! I've upgrade a load of Mac's using EMS, they were running a mix of 5.4 & 5.6 and all have been upgraded to 6.0.2 without needing a reboot. I've tested the same on a few Windows PC again running a mix of 5.4 & 5.6 but Windows needs a reboot.

Klemen
New Contributor

Hi,

I need this for windows users.

Users of notebooks receive a notification that the new version is validated, select ok and leave the firm.

Windows uninstall previous version and no install new one.

I want to solve this problem

SteveG
Contributor III

This doesn't make sense! If you want to lock down the install then use EMS.

Klemen
New Contributor

I have 100 client on EMS. 

Push install over ems to all laptop and pc. 

Install deployed 6.0.1. Disabled auto update for this installer. 

Create new profile with 6.0.2 installer.

Push over EMS. First I got to must reboot mashine to install new version. When click ok. EMS run uninstaller on PC, laptop.

If i dont restart just close laptop and live the office. I dont have forticlient on laptop because is uninstall.

If i reboot laptop and login again i have new version on laptop.

Best regards

SteveG
Contributor III

That's how I believe it works under Windows. EMS remotely uninstalls FC, PC needs a reboot, then EMS Pushes the new installer. You could always create a MSI installer using FortiTools and push that via GPO....

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors