Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Forticlient support multiple logins?

I seem to be running into a situation where it seems at least the web filtering portion of the Forticlient does not work when one user logs off and another logs on. On a new install of XP, and after installing the Forticlient on the system, I created other user accounts and preceded to login to them to establish content under thier profiles when I was presented with a Forticlient error message stating something along the lines of it not being able to support multiple user logins... via fast switching. I removed the fast switching but there is still an issue with the web filtering working for the other users with the exception of the admin account on witch it ws origianlly installed. I know it is performing other services such as the firewalling and IE browser protection... as this is a new dell system and was trying to change the default url to dell.com under this other users profile and was subsequently blocked. Anyways... I' m not finding anything in the knowledge base... so perhaps someone has some info here... Thanks, Carl
1 REPLY 1
vanc
New Contributor II

It' s a known bug. FortiClient does not support multiple user login. Fortinet will release a new version soon to address such problems, including the ones you described here.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors