Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ralf_Lauerwald
New Contributor

Forticlient passwort protected config can' t unlock

Hi Folks, i installed the newest FC 5.2 and i protected the Config with a Password by klicking on the padlock. Now when i try to unlock it, it always say " wrong password" I have special characters in the password Field like / and # I also tryed this on a virtual machine and i am 100% sure that i typed in the right password. I think its a problem with the special characters. Does anybody have this too? Now i have the Problem that i can' t shutdown the client and can' t uninstall it on a laptop. Any tips or is this a known problem ?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Most special characters work on 5.2.1 b605, except % \ " The only way I can think of to get you out of the locked FortiClient is to register to a FortiGate, which has " set forticlient-settings-lock disable" .
Ralf_Lauerwald
New Contributor

ok thats bad.... thank you for your help !
Ralf_Lauerwald
New Contributor

Hi, i found a workaround. 1. Boot the MiniXP from Hirens Boot CD 2. Delete the Fortinet Folder on the System partition 3. Boot the System 4. Run the FCremoval Tool 5. Reboot After that you can install the Forticlient again
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors