Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TigerEmperor
New Contributor

FortiWifi60d

Dear all I have a fortiwifi 60d, I form a sofware switch and add a vlan into this software switch, however I notice that when I bind the Wi-Fi into this software switch, it will not use the vlan, how can I turn it into the vlan, thanks.
1 Solution
wanglei_FTNT

Hi Jared,

FWF wireless traffic is already handled locally from FGT point of view even it's called tunnel mode.  

Lei

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Sidewaysguy

Glad to hear you got it!

Sidewaysguy

Hi there,

You can use the default profile if you like, you just need to add the SSID to it.  A FortiAP profile is needed to provide settings to the AP so if you have different models of AP, you would need a different FortiAP profile per model.  This includes SSIDs and radio settings.  

Going back to the original question, I just want to confirm that you subnet 192.168.123.x is being used for the wireless connection that you are setting up correct?  Reading back through the posts, I still don't think that you need a VLAN. Both VLANs and tunnel SSIDs are interfaces, and as such can be used in policies to control the traffic.  If you need to send traffic from the 192.168.123.x to the 192.168.10.x subnet then you need to create policies allowing traffic to flow referencing both interfaces and the subnets without NAT.  If you need to have traffic from 192.168.123.x go to and from subnets on the other side of the vpn; you will create similar policies referencing the VPN interface and subnets.  You could add the SSID interface/address subnet to the VPN policies (you may need to turn on the multiple interface feature).  The caveat here as I mentioned above is that the subnets need to be defined in your Phase 2 unless you are using 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0.  On the other side there will also need to be policies referencing the 192.168.123.x subnet as well.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors