Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
laupin
New Contributor III

FortiOS 5.6.3 Authentication wildcard user problems

Hello, 

I updated my Fortigate from 5.4.4 to 5.6.3. At first I was able to log in, but the I change the scope for one of my admin groups from VDOM to Global (I don't know if the issue is related to this action) and after that when I tried to log in into the fortigate, I get the authentication failure message as if it was not able to verify my credentials (wrong password it said). I use a wildcard group for the admin login. The allowed user belong to this AD group, so I just created a wildcard user at the fortigate and the rights are given at the AD. 

After a lot of troubleshooting, we didn't find the solution, so we crated the remote users (similar to fortianalyzer) for the administrators. That way we're able to manage the fortigate.

Does anyone had this problem? 

Is it a bug? 

Thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES 3
makco10
Contributor II

Hello,

You have only that user with administrator permissions?, via cli you can login?.

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
laupin
New Contributor III

I have three wildcard users, but only this one has super_admin rights. I have two more with super_admin rights but they're local users.

makco10

Hello,

You can disable wildcards: http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD33075&sliceId=1

Regards.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors