Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OlofL
New Contributor

FortiNET Wireless multicast mDNS, chromecast on iPhone.

I have a flat network where iPhones are not able to see the chromecast connected on the same SSID. Android phones (and my chrome browser with cast plugin) are able to see the device.

We have fortinet 832i accesspoints, and use the FortiWLC 50D controller with 8.1-2-0 firmware. Since its a flat network I have not setup "mDNS gateway" or "service control" as fortinet calls it. I tried with service control on and set policies to rebroadcast mDNS broadcasts on the same network. I even got help from meru phone support without success.

I have setup "allow multicast flag ON" and "multicast to unicast conversion ON" on the SSID. The dataplane mode is "tunneled" to the controller, but it shouldnt make a difference in how clients see multicast packets?

Does iPhones work in a specific way in order to see the chromecast? The iPhone doesnt see a chromecast icon in different apps, while my Androids works perfectly fine.

The users iPhone sees his chromecast on his home network.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors