Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
olseri36
New Contributor

FortiGate Config Version Number

If a configuration file is restored from backup, is there an API command available which displays the current config file version running?  The text below is visible in the first few lines of the backup file, trying to find a way to compare the same value is applied after restore for configuration management.

#config-version=FGVMK6-7.2.5-FW-build1517-111111:opmode=0:vdom=0:user=admin
#conf_file_ver=58388916466111111
#buildno=8369
#global_vdom=1

3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @olseri36 ,

You can learn the version number from API with this call. 

https://x.x.x.x/api/v2/monitor/system/firmware?access_token=<YOUR_API_KEY>&vdom=root

If you want to get more information about API, you can review this article. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/940602/using-apis

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
olseri36

Hi @ozkanaltasm,

I see the firmware API provides info about the software/firmware version running, but I do not see anything about configuration file version running.  Is there a different API which provides this info?

ozkanaltas

Hi @olseri36 ,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I understand that you are looking for how to find out the firmware version from the API.

I did review the API documentation again. But I didn't find anything about this. I think you can't get this information from API. Also, there is no option on GUI or CLI for this request.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors