Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
t0mas89
New Contributor

FortiClient crashes after 2 seconds

Hello, from day to day I started having problems starting the FortiClient application. Before that it worked for me for about 2 weeks. After startup, FortiClient shuts down after about two seconds. Can't click on anything in the app. No error appears anywhere. They could not advise me even at the IT department in the company. I am said to be the first to come up with such a problem. Reinstalling didn't help.
Version: 7.2.4 (other version is not available in our company)

Thanks for any help

1 Solution
sprashant
Staff
Staff

Hello @t0mas89 

Since this is the application crashing itself, I would say to check the event viewer (if on Windows) to see what is causing the crash. Updating the drivers might help to. Moreover,  you mentioned 7.2.4 is the only version available in your company? Is it like blocked? Because you can always download any version from the support portal.

Let me know if it helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sprashant
Staff
Staff

Hello @t0mas89 

Since this is the application crashing itself, I would say to check the event viewer (if on Windows) to see what is causing the crash. Updating the drivers might help to. Moreover,  you mentioned 7.2.4 is the only version available in your company? Is it like blocked? Because you can always download any version from the support portal.

Let me know if it helps.

t0mas89

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
As for that version, it is indeed explicitly stated in the instructions that it is only possible to use this version.
I have a question about drivers. Which drivers should I update?
And regarding the event viewer, I haven't found any error that is related to the FortiClient application. BUT: I often get an error in the event viewer when trying to open FortiClient: Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported. Could this be the reason?

t0mas89

Hi, problem is solved. Microsoft Intune has generated hundreds of certificates so Forti crashed everytime when launched bc of amount of certificates. Now the ball is on the side of IT department. But thanks for help anyway.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors