Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PaktNinya
New Contributor

FortiClient SAML Auth with External Browser

I am looking to setup Forticlient to use an external browser to connect to VPN via SAML authentication and an IdP.  So far, I have been able to do this with the embedded browser, however when I do this with an external browser, the authentication flow is almost the same, with the exception that after being authenticated, the browser just connects to the Web SSL VPN in browser, and not through Forticlient.  This works with the embedded browser and allows my FortiClient to connect.  I have tried the default saml redirect port 8020 as well as 8443 with no avail...

3 REPLIES 3
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hello PaktNinya,

which FortiClient verison are you using?

I suppose you are looking for this feature here:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.1/administration-guide/364443/using-a-browser-as-an...

Best regards,

Markus

PaktNinya

Hello Markus_M,

I am currently using the latest version avail on the site 7.0.1.   Also you are correct, that was the documentation that I referenced during setup.  In the screenshots, the external browser is invoked by Forticlient, and then once authenticated, the browser is closed and a connection via Forticlient is established.  Or at least thats what it looks like.... In my test environment what happens is my browser is invoked and IdP authentication takes place, however the browser window stays open and redirects me to a connection via Web SSL and Forticlient never connects.

pavankr5

Hello @PaktNinya 

interactions between different software components, like FortiClient and external browsers, can sometimes be influenced by various factors, including browser settings, system configurations, and network conditions. Comprehensive troubleshooting and testing are important to identify the root cause and find a solution.

Thanks

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors