Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
miciti
New Contributor III

FortiClient EMS 7.4 - Remote Access profile not showing SSL VPN Tunnel in GUI

Hello everyone,

I am testing FortiClient EMS trial because we want to get EPP/APT for our clients till end of the year.

I went for a direct install of version 7.4 because it runs on Linux. In the Remote Access Profile there is no way to create a SSL VPN tunnel in the gui, I can only see IPsec there.

Does someone else having this issue? (Couldn't find it in the known issue list and wanted to ask here before asking official support)

RoyalTS_DSRtnsGZK5.png

1 Solution
Marthen2
New Contributor II

Hello,

you need first enable it in Features, since SSLVPN is now considered as dangerous and is disabled by default.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Marthen2
New Contributor II

Hello,

you need first enable it in Features, since SSLVPN is now considered as dangerous and is disabled by default.

miciti
New Contributor III

Oh you are right! Can you point me to some more information about SSLVPN being dangerous? (Seems like my knowledge is not up to date)

Marthen2
New Contributor II

EMS display it when you try to enable SSL VPN feature: 

ems.jpg

miciti
New Contributor III

Sure, i saw that. But why? After a quick search (in this forum and other security platforms) I have not found any hints that states ssl vpn as insecure...

Marthen2
New Contributor II

I think it's because there was some critical bugs in ssl vpn in past months (not only Fortinet but other vendors also). As SSLVPN is based on http protocol it's hard to program it 100% safe bug-free. Therefor I expect IPSEC will be preferred in future because there is no web server involved and in long-term there wasn't such critical bugs.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors