Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
billwagnon
New Contributor

FortiClient 5.4.0.0780 (latest version) on Windows 10 connects, but cannot ping server

We have several computers on Windows 10.  

In the past few days the Windows 10 computers can no longer ping or communicate with servers on the target network. 

The FortiClient connection connnects, but ping fails.

This seems to affect Dell SonicWall NetExtender also.

This problem does not occur on our Windows 8.1 machines.

Any help is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
marcortw
New Contributor

Hi good morning. I'm having the same problem with the FortiClient 5.4.0.0780 on Windows 10 Pro x64. In my case I installed Windows 10 and later installed FortiClient and it worked, but after I installed the Cisco VPN and Dell SonicWall began WTS problem does not connect, I can make the connection using the FortiClient over the WTS can not connect to the server. The WTS continues to work with Cisco VPN and Dell SonicWall but FortiClient not. An important detail that I install the 4.9 version of FortiClient I can not connect to the server using WTS. Does a change in the Windows 10 registry is necessary to run the WTS with the 5.4.0.0780 version of FortiCleint? I need to solve this problem because I work in a company that provides support to customers with different VPN access programs. Already, thank you very much for your attention.

Smoetzak

Same problem here.

If I ping and check with sniffer on the fortigate I see packets coming in, going to the server, replies to the fortigate, and back out to the ssl.root adapter. But still nothing appears on the computer as if there is no connection.

Connecting with forticlient is no problem however.

And this isn't a problem on the fortigate as well because this problems occure on every fortigate i connect with now.

I had just uninstalled an older version of forticlient and now installed the most recent version 5.4.0.0780

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors