Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tanr
Valued Contributor II

FortiAuthticator 5.0.0

Looks like 5.0.0 firmware for the FortiAuthenticator is out, with a few nice features, like better guest portals, a bunch of RADIUS improvements, more Fortigate-like CLI, etc.  Should finally be able to set the DNS Subject Alt Name when creating certs, too.

Not having a lab setup with a FAC, I won't be upgrading till were past the 0.0 version by a bit!

Anybody tried it yet?  How did it go?

Release notes are at http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortiauthenticator-5.0.0-release-notes

2 REPLIES 2
theFWdude
New Contributor

Creating user certs with SANs for my FGTs worked for me; however you will have to import the certs into the FGT's as PKCS #12 with a passphrase, else they will not import.  Once imported, they can be used as the certificates for the Admin Web GUI of your FWs.  

-TFWD

-TFWD
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Anybody using FortiAuthenticator 5.0.0 yet?  Has it seemed stable and secure?

It has some features I really would like to use, but a .0.0 version which is only at build 12 makes me pretty nervous.

@theFWdude,  Do you mean you used the FAC 5.0.0 to sign FGT certs with SANs and it worked (but required importing to FGT's as PKCS #12), or are you describing a way to do this with FAC 4.3.x, or some other CA signing?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors