Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mstk
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer VM 6.x Device Manager [no entry found.]

When I register FortiGate with FotiAnalyzer, it does not appear in Device Manager. However, although "no entry found." Is displayed in Device Manager, the Log has been received and you can check the contents of the Log.

To register FortiGate with FortiAnalyzer: 1) Execute additional registration from the display of unregistered devices. 2) Enter the IP address and serial number and execute registration.

Either way, nothing is displayed in Device Manager and you can only receive Log. When I executed the following command in the CLI, the device information was displayed and it was displayed that the Analyzer registration was completed.

#diag dvm device list

TYPE            OID    SN                   HA      IP                 NAME                                             ADOM                                             IPS                FIRMWARE       
faz enabled 133 FGT50Exxxxxxxxxx - 192.168.150.207 FortiGate-50E root N/A 6.0 MR2 (1112)
|- STATUS: dev-db: unknown; conf: unknown; cond: unknown; dm: none; conn: unknown
|- vdom:[3]root flags:0 adom:root pkg:[never-installed]

We also confirmed that the symptoms occurred in the following combinations.

FortiAnalyzer 6.2.7 - FortiGate 6.2.4 FortiAnalyzer 6.4.5 - FortiGate 6.2.4 FortiAnalyzer 6.4.5 - FortiGate 6.2.6

In any combination, I could receive the Log, but I didn't see anything in Device Manager. The environment in which the VM is running is vSphere 6.

How can I get FortiGate to appear in FortiAnalyzer's Device Manager?

2 REPLIES 2
Isxaaq
New Contributor II

Hello There, I got the same challenge :

FAZ is logging, but the device pane does not show any entry 

the "diag dvm device list"

STATUS: dev-db: unknown; conf: unknown; cond: unknown; dm: unknown; conn: unknown
|- vdom:[3]root flags:0 adom:MyADOM pkg:[never-installed].

Anyone, to help us out? Thanks

Kind regards

Isxaaq

Isxaaq
New Contributor II

Hello there, I got this challenge :

FortiAnalyzer does not show the registered devices on the device manager entry area. But logs are shown in the log view pane correctly. 

the "diag dvm device list"

STATUS: dev-db: unknown; conf: unknown; cond: unknown; dm: unknown; conn: unknown
|- vdom:[3]root flags:0 adom:MyADOM pkg:[never-installed].

Anyone,

to help us out? Thanks

Kind regards

Isxaaq

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors