Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
iZak
New Contributor

Forti VM on Qnap

Hi,

I am the admin of our company Fortigate and would like to have a training system for more complex tests at home without any extra costs meaning that I must use VM version (?)   I do not want to mess with the live system.

I have 6 other brand VM firewalls installed on my Qnap NAS which are working fine.

I installed this Fortigate VM version on Qnap and it just does not work. I have tried to install it several times and every time console show only some strange stack/signal coding forever.

First FortiVM start fine wit:

FortiVMonQnap1.png

But then after a few seconds there is only:

FortiVMonQnap2.png

And this dbg_stack_print ... / dum_signal ... rolls on screen forever. Zillion lines of this same two (error) codes.

I installed this same VM to my VMWare Workstation on my PC and everything went well. So there is something strange with the Qnap. All other brand VM firewalls install and work fine. Qnap should support importing of vmdk files. At least making of Qnap VM from this vmdk works well. But when I try to run this newly created VM on Qnap this error occurs every time and even if I want an hour the same signal/stack code lines are rolling down.

Anyone can help me out how to install Forti VM version on Qnap Virtualization Station?

Forti VM version is 7.2.6 FGT downloaded from forticloud (new install).

3 REPLIES 3
rosatechnocrat
Contributor II

Not sure about QNAP , but it works fine on Vmware workstation or HyperV. 

Rosa Technocrat -- Also on YouTube---Please do Subscribe
Rosa Technocrat -- Also on YouTube---Please do Subscribe
wickdj
New Contributor

Download the OpenXEN qcow2 file and convert to vmdk under linux with qemu-utils.

CatInHat
New Contributor III

There seems to be an error after the virtual machine has successfully started up where strange stacks/signal codes appear. This problem may be due to incompatibility between versions, virtualization settings, or resource requirements. It is recommended to check the compatibility of the Forti VM version with Qnap Virtualization Station and ensure that all resource requirements (eg CPU, memory) are met.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors