Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MatthewMetcalfe
New Contributor

Firewall rule allowing google play store updates

We have Android devices using our wireless network. When they are on the wireless network they can receive notices of updates to apps. Updating the apps fails. This seems to be an issue that a lot of people sitting behind firewalls have. The only solution I' ve found is to open port 5228. I did that but it still isn' t working. Has anyone gotten this to work behind a fortigate and if so, can you share what you did? Thanks! --Matt
1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The Google Play troubleshooting guide I saw indicates both 5228 TCP and 5228 UDP ports need to be open. The same guide says to try restarting your Android device. If you have set up a firewall policy and have enabled UTM -- make sure nothing in the App Control Sensor(s) is configured to block the connection. I am not sure how Android devices connects to Google Play, but if it includes port 80 then you may need to either reclassify the site (via Rating Overrides) or allow " Freeware and Software Downloads" .

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors