Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Eric_Pouliot
New Contributor

FSSO and Macintosh?

Hi!  I've setup the FSSO with agent on our Fortigate 800C, connected to Active Directory.

All connections from Windows client work, I can see the users in the logs, but not from a Macintosh.

Is this a limitation of the product?

All the Macintosh are linked to the AD, and every users are authenticated and mapped to the servers.

Thank you

Eric.

2 REPLIES 2
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Eric,

it seems to me that you do polling from FortiGate unit directly. I would suggest to use standalone Collector agent in WinSec or WMI polling + advanced mode, this method has limited capability of support for MacOS based systems. And we saw it working some 2 years ago where some 3rd party domain connector was used on Mac. Important is that connecting Mac does create logon events on DC.

Kind regards, Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Eric_Pouliot

Hi, Its already set to use the collector agent, the fortigate connect to it with a password.

The agent was set to "poll logon sessions using Windows NetAPI".

I changed it to "Check Windows Security Events Logs", and now all my users are guest!

I tried "Check Windows Security Events Logs using WMI" too.

I'll wait to see if it can see the logon again.

thank you

xsilver wrote:

Hi Eric,

it seems to me that you do polling from FortiGate unit directly. I would suggest to use standalone Collector agent in WinSec or WMI polling + advanced mode, this method has limited capability of support for MacOS based systems. And we saw it working some 2 years ago where some 3rd party domain connector was used on Mac. Important is that connecting Mac does create logon events on DC.

Kind regards, Tomas

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors