Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sw2090
Honored Contributor

FMG does not get Logs from FGT

I have the following constellation:

FMG ----(LAN)---FGT1----(IPSEC)---FGT2

I want FGT2 to log to FMG. FGT2 is configured in system->log->settngs to log to FMG.

Routing and Policies to grant access from FGT2 to FMG via the IPSec Tunnels are there.

In a flow debug on FGT1 I can see when I ping FMG from FGT2 that the ping arrives at FGT1 via IPSec and is routed on to the interface where FMG is connected to.

Thus there is no answer to my ping on FGT2. Also the connectivity test button in the log settings does nothing.

This to me looks as if the FMG is blocking access from outside its local subnet. I thus cann roll anything out to FGT2 and I can ping FMG from inside the same subnet. Network settings are correct and ping is enabled on the interface.

FGT1 is a 300E on 5.6.11

FGT2 is a 100E on 5.6.11

FMG is a FMG VM on Vmware on 6.0.6

Does anyone have any advice on how to make the logging work?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I have to correct myself.

I Saw that about half of my FGT deploy logs to the FMG. The other half don't.

Even though they run the same policy package in the same adom and have the same log settings.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors