Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jason_yancey
New Contributor

Do TCL scripts function in 5.2 releases of FortiManager?

I have successfully executed CLI scripts.

I have been unable to get even the simplest of TCL scripts to execute in 5.2.0 and 5.2.2 releases of FortiManager.  I do not see any mention of known issues in the release notes.  I have read through the Troubleshooting Tips in the FortiManger Scripting section.  The threads in this forum I can find related to TCL are from version 4 of FM.  I have attempted many iterations of scripts including the ones in the manual down to the simplest possible TCL script below.

Example of what I am attempting to run:

#!

set hello "hello world"; puts $hello;

In theory this should output hello world to the script history.  The following is all that is in the script history:

Starting log (Run on device)

The status of the script says it failed.  What am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
jason_yancey
New Contributor

Problem solved by Fortinet Support.  Within the properties of each FortiGate on the Device Manager section is a username and password.  The passwords were not set causing this failure to execute TCL scripts.  It is unclear to me why this only impacts TCL script execution and not CLI script execution or the pushing of policy via the GUI.  But the problem described was solved....  check the password set in your device properties.

Device Manager >> Right-click fortigate device in question >> Edit

Ensure the proper username and password are set.

TCL scripts now execute.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors