Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BGMIndustries
New Contributor

Create Log-Exception

Hi,

I have enabled automatic email alerts for basically everything my FTG100D does. In my specific case, I get notifications for every webpage that gets blocked - all good.

Now I denied the "Adverts"-category in my main webfilter, which leads to a 100s if not 1000s of logentries.

I want to specifically disable logging for the adverts-category ONLY on my web-filtering-policy so I only get notification emails for all other categories. In fact, I don't need blocked things from the Adverts-category in any log, as this makes up for 99% of all webtraffic anyway.

Is this possible, and if so, how? I tried different threat-weights already, but this does not solve my problem.

I hope I could explain well what I'm trying to achieve.

kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
tanr
Valued Contributor II

I'm assuming you are just doing the email notifications from the FortiGate and not a FortiAnalyzer?

BGMIndustries

tanr wrote:

I'm assuming you are just doing the email notifications from the FortiGate and not a FortiAnalyzer?

That is correct, we do not have a FortiAnalyzer.

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Sorry, I've only done this from the FortiAnalyzer.  Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors