Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
michaelwright1971
New Contributor

Connecting Fortigate 300C to VIP address on Cisco 802.3ad

Hiya

We have 2 Cisco devices accepting connections for separate ISP. The Cisco devices have a VIP configured using HSRP. We have created an aggregate port on the Fortigate using 2 ports. We have connected each of those 2 ports to each of the separate Cisco devices, but the connection goes down.

From what I read both ends of an aggregation should support the 802.3ad protocol or have it configured. My assumption is the devices don't know whats happening, as the Cisco device will just be using normal ports(no 802.3ad configured.

Is there any way to make this config work, any settings that can be tweaked or other protocols used?

cheers Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

This is rather a question to Cisco Support Community because you're asking if a Port-channel (either w/ LACP or without) can be formed between two Cisco devices. My understanding is it's not possible unless those devices are "statcked" as one switch.

michaelwright1971
New Contributor

I've re-created my aggregate port using 2 interfaces and have removed any connections to the Cisco switches. The aggregate interface was up originally now it is down and marked "Red".

It should be up like the other interfaces that aren't connected to anything?

Mike

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors