Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SoRealCru
New Contributor

Certificate Fortigate GUI

Hi everyone!

We are currently not using a custom certificate for the HTTPS server on our FortiGate. As off right now the certificate used is the Fortnet_Factory certificate for HTTP access to the GUI. I would like to change this because now every time we visit the GUI we get that nasty warning stating that it's not safe. Now I'm not that savvy when it comes to certificates and all. What's the best way I can approach this and how? How do I make an internal certificate and where do I have to make it?

Thanks in advance!

Lennert

1 REPLY 1
Nicholas_Doropoulos
Contributor

You can generate a certificate under System > Certificates but probably the easiest way would be to do the following:

1) Download the Fortinet_CA_SSL certificate under System >> Certificates.

2) Install the certificate on your client's Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

3) Ensure that Fortigate points to the Fortinet_CA_SSL certificate under Policy & Objects >> Policy >> SSL/SSH Inspection.

4) HTTPS to Fortigate from the client to verify intended results.

For more information on certificate management, have a look at the link below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/1704/fortios_certificate_management.pdf

I hope that helps.

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors