Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ystrobbe
New Contributor

Can not import forticlient connection file

I' ve setup a connection on my forticlient to connect with our IPsec GW. Then exported it to a .vpl file so i can import it into all our other computers forticlient. Now when i install forticlient on an other computer and immediatly import a connection i can import the connection.vpl file with our settings or just add a new connection. When i wait with the import or add connection after the installation and i want to do it later on. Then i cant add a .vpl only a .vpz file?? The only way to add connection is to reinstall the forticlient and immediatly install the vpl file after the installation. Is there an other way to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3
joru
Contributor

Hi ystrobbe, Yes you don' t have to reinstall FC, to be able to import .vpl configs in windows vista or seven you have to run FC as administrator, there is an option in General - Status in the lower right corner to run as Administrator(tested in versions 4.2.3 and 4.2.5) Hope this helps
ystrobbe
New Contributor

Hi joru, Thanks for the info it worked!!!
pradeep_joshi

Does any one know how to import VPL file in Forti client 6 or above i am not able to view post importing through VPL Editor.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors