Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Florian12
New Contributor II

Application control via FortiManager

Hey everyone,

I'm looking forward to block Windows 7 and Windows XP on all of our Firewalls worldwide.

As they are all managed via the FortiManager, I was wondering if there is a way to roll out the corresponding configurations centrally.

A workaround would be to access the Firewalls manually one-by-one. However, that would be a lot of work, especially since I'd have to integrate them back into the FortiManager after making changes.

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey Florian,

I'm not familiar with your current policy setups or packages, so I can't make any specific recommendations, but in general you can do something like this:

- create an application control profile to block Windows 7/XP

- add that application control profile to the relevant policies in your packages

- install to the FortiGates in question

-> if you have one policy package across all your FortiGates, you would only have to do the one change

-> if you have multiple policy packages, you would have to maket the change in each policy package

You could look into global header/footer policies (if you have ADOMs enabled), but those policies might interact with existing policies on your FortiGate and affect non Windows7/XP computeres as well.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors