Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JasonK
New Contributor

Additional concerns when restoring to new fortigate (same model)

When restoring a backup to a same model new Fortigate, is there anything else that needs to be restored along with the backed-up config? I am pretty sure that certificates must also be moved. Is there anything else?

in case it matters, I'm speaking specifically about a 201E > 201E running 6.2.3

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

Fortinet Licenses have to be migrated to the  new FGT. License registered wie Fortinet portal have to be migrated there (Fortinet provides thsi as an option e.g. with rma). I gues Liceneses that are directly on the fgt - Like e.g. FortiToken - might have to be registered on the new one too.

I migrated this way from 100D to 100E and all I had to do manually afterwards was my certificates. 

Licenses didn't need to be migrated in this case. The 100E got new licenses and we don't yet use FortiTOkens.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors