Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
storaid
Contributor

[5.2.x] update config by importing xml string into FGT..

hi, fortinet... I have a question about configuration... I would like to periodically update fct config by endpoint control of the FGT. one section of the xml config about <scheduled_scans>.. I want the following result after fgt updated xml config: <scheduled_scans> <!--zero, one or more of the following child nodes--> <full> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>1</repeat> <days>1</days> <time>03:00</time> <removable_media>1</removable_media> <network_drives>0</network_drives> <priority>0</priority> </full> <quick> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>1</repeat> <days>2,3,4,5,6,7</days> <time>03:00</time> </quick> </scheduled_scans> but the effected config actually is not what I want... <scheduled_scans> <!--zero, one or more of the following child nodes--> <full> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>2</repeat> <day_of_month>1</day_of_month> <time>19:30</time> <removable_media>1</removable_media> <network_drives>0</network_drives> <priority>0</priority> </full> <full> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>2</repeat> <day_of_month>1</day_of_month> <time>19:30</time> <removable_media>1</removable_media> <network_drives>0</network_drives> <priority>0</priority> </full> <quick> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>2</repeat> <time>03:00</time> </quick> <full> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>2</repeat> <time>03:00</time> <removable_media>0</removable_media> <network_drives>0</network_drives> <priority>0</priority> </full> <full> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>2</repeat> <time>03:00</time> <removable_media>1</removable_media> <network_drives>0</network_drives> <priority>0</priority> </full> <full> <enabled>1</enabled> <repeat>1</repeat> <days>1</days> <time>03:00</time> <removable_media>0</removable_media> <network_drives>0</network_drives> <priority>0</priority> </full> </scheduled_scans> the forticlient just did inserting, not covering.. how can I cover <scheduled_scans> config???

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
3 REPLIES 3
kolawale_FTNT

Try setting the XML element: <partial_configuration> to 0.

storaid

kolawale_FTNT wrote:

Try setting the XML element: <partial_configuration> to 0.

hello, <partial_configuration> requires a "full" config...

have any better solution????

thx..

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
kolawale_FTNT

Since the <scheduled_scan> changes are being sent from the FortiGate using EC, my guess is that you have to provide the full configuration always (on the FortiGate). This helps, in case someone unregistered and later re-registered. Or in case they did a new installation of FortiClient and then register to the FortiGate. How do you currently handle these cases?

On the other hand, specifying <partial_configuration> as 0 actually says make the <antivirus> module fully reconfigured. The other modules are not affected (unless they are included in the XML configuration). Pushing that from the FortiGate though requires some testing.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors